Ubuntu! Weird name, great GNU/Linux distribution!
I try to stick to the LTS releases. 18.04, 16.04, 14.04, 12.04, 10.04, etc.
- System Issues
- Can't mount Windows 7 shares, keeps prompting for password.
- Cannot install Bastion
- Change from UTC to Local in 16.04
- Enable Cisco VPN
- Install Google Chrome
- Keys in VI Don't Work as Expected
- Long shutdown time in 16.04
- make - "No such file or directory" -OR- VirtualBox Additions won't install
- MySQL and phpMyAdmin on 18.04
- Prefer IPv4 over IPv6
- Reduce Grub Timeout
- Remove Amazon
- Revert Networking in 18.04
- World of Goo - Crashing and/or No Audio
- Wubi - "Unrecoverable Error"
Have a ThinkPad T43 and want to run Ubuntu? Follow this guide to fix volume control and other stuff: https://xenomorph.net/misc/guides/ubuntu-t43/